Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Movember 2009

As most of my readership already knows, the eleventh month of the calendar year has become the month now now as Movember and I have decided to join this global movement that is bringing much needed attention to cancers that affect men. I’m doing this by growing a Mustache this Movember. There is no doubt that I am going to look foolish, but this is for a great cause. My commitment is to grow a mustache all November and I am hoping that you will support my efforts by making a donation. The funds raised go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG).

What many people don’t know is that 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime and testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men aged 18-35. Facts like these have convinced me I should get involved.

To make a donation, you can either:

• Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/270738/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account , or
• Write a check payable to ‘Movember Foundation’, referencing my Registration Number 270738 and mailing it to: Movember Foundation, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726.

All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.

The Prostate Cancer Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund research to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation will use the money raised by Movember to fund:

• The LIVESTRONG Young Adult Alliance program which has the goal of improving survival rates and quality of life for young adults with cancer between the ages of 15 and 40.
• Research initiatives to further understand the biology of adolescent and young adult cancers.

I've been tracking my progress on my Movember page at: http://us.movember.com/mospace/270738/ complete with photo updates, check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I think Movember should be preceded by Mulletober just to complete the look.

    ReplyDelete